Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta

mousti

for production, don't bother with the 92 stock. Too expensive. Go with the 92G Elite II.

:blink: in Switzerland it is exactly the opposite :blink:

mybe the Stock is made in Italy (the next door) and the Elite in USA (quite far), that can explain :huh:

oups, just have seen you're from Holland, not US

so, why that difference??

God knows why, bt down here, in Argentina; a Beretta 92 Stock is around U$S800 (comes with 2 barrels, the long one with the weight on the end, and the short one) while a 92FS will run about U$S750... I've never seen an Elite (Elite I, Elite IA, Elite II) though.

Chills, this is a Beretta Stock.

Thanks Pierruiggi for posting the link. That looks alot like the Beretta 92 Steel I saw over the weekend.

Mnn...a frame mounted safety on the Stock. Guess it would be strictly a cocked and locked gun for IDPA's ESP division.

I've been shooting a Stock for a year now in production and it's an excellent pistol. I don't mind decocking it manually and for me the shape of the grip is little better. It may not seem much, but the beavertail is shaped differently than the ones on 92FS or Elite II and it makes the pistol point better and it's also a bit easier on the web of my hand. I used to shoot 1911-type pistols and I was accustomed to keep my right hand thumb on a safety lever, so the framemounted safety on the Stock feels very familiar.

The checkering on the frame is also very good; I only needed to add skatetape on grip panels and not on the front-/backstrap. The bushing helps in accuracy department. Most other Berettas (I've had two 92FS pistols) don't have it and they shoot groups around 2"/25meters while the Stock will print about 1"/25 meters. That may not be something you must have in IPSC, but it doesn't hurt.

If the Elite would be as cheap here in Europe compared to the Stock as it is in the US I'd buy one (or two) in a heartbeat :)

A perfect opportunity to show off my 96 Stock...

Here you go Chills1994

This would fall under the "selective action" as described in the US rule book. You can run it cocked and locked or manually decock and shoot a DA first shot.

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/images/stock.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/images/96stock.jpg

Edited by splashdown

Yeah, splashdown, you've got some nice looking pistolas there.

I still want an Inox, w/ a dovetailed front sight, so I can swap in a fiber optic.

I like the safety on the frame like your 2 Stocks, not on the slide like any other 92 FS.

Mn..nnn...maybe two Inox's one in .40 and one in 9mm.

Mnn....

Edited by Chills1994