Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique My Reload

Supermoto

Jake

You are so right, but since Ross and Mickey have both been US Champs and Ross the World Champ and Mickey 2nd in the World and good Lord knows what Tommy would have won if he had been shooting a .45 back then... and they are my contemporaries, I used them for an example...and I would bet you a steak dinner that while they might not be able to beat the top guys now, with a chance to knock the rust off, they might still be able to pull a top 10 at the Natls....and that is Way more than most of the people reading and posting here have done or will do in their shooting career, IMO.

I still think TT is the fastest reload I have ever seen or probably will ever see...but the ones I named weren't bad in their day either... ;)

Much as I hate to say it, Tiger Woods will probably beat Nicklaus record, but in my mind, Jack will always be the best, just like Arnie will always be the King..(he and EEEEElvis...) B)

First, I think you have a fine reload. Especially for just beginning. You understand the component of smooth and that is half the battle.

Just like all the others, I think keeping the gun a bit higher may be beneficial. One thing you could do to help either envision this, or actually do, is take a stick and hold it across your chest at about the point where the lettering on your shirt starts (the lower part)

Now, push that stick out 6" to 12" - somewhere in there. Find something to hold it there (either your imagination or a contraption)

So for the time being keep that stick there and do some draws and reloads. The "stick" will force you to keep the gun closer to where it "should" be.

That little drill may help in getting you where you want to be.

I will reiterate though that there are improvements to be made however for just starting out I think it looks pretty solid. Build on that.

J

Edited by j1b

I have all the respect in the world for Seyfried, Fowler, and Campbell....but they aren't competing today. What was good 10 or 20 years ago, probably isn't as good now.

Rob Leatham still competes, reloads low and he does pretty well... :ph34r::P

No, seriously, in that thread I linked, I posted several top shooters that reload low, and of course, some other people posted several other that reload high.

I really don't think there's a "superior" way.

Telling Rob Leatham or Michael Voigt to reload high would be like telling Eric Grauffel or Angus Hobdell to "get that darn finger under the trigger guard!". :P:lol:

The truth is the super-shooters are not superhuman. They do things that look superhuman because they've put in a superhuman amount of practice.

Not to hi-jack the thread, I asked one of the world's leading researchers on brain theory as it relates to physical performance that very question. I think he would take issue. Maybe I'll go start another thread. ;)

I think there are horses for courses...meaning that our physical makeup lends itself better to certain tasks than others...it might stand to reason that people like TGO and Benos just found out what their bodies were good at...wish I could do the same other than sitting in an easy chair and watching the tube... :lol:

I think there are horses for courses...meaning that our physical makeup lends itself better to certain tasks than others...it might stand to reason that people like TGO and Benos just found out what their bodies were good at...

Well said. Another sport I was involved with for many years, even at the top, had different "styles" but consistant fundamentals. Everyone over time, "that made it", had gravitated to a "style" that better suited their game.