Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sailors Custom Lda Tac-s .45acp

DougCarden

post-580-1138917191_thumb.jpg post-580-1138917141_thumb.jpg

I just got this out of the case. This started out as a godawful green monster which had the horrific stock "combat" sights. It shot 2in at 25yds with a decent trigger, and I had several offers to buy it, but it was my 05 prize gun from the Steel Challenge. I made myself a promise that I wouldnt sell any more prize guns since due to stupidity and life's challenges I sold off all my prize guns from Second Chance except my AR, and will not sell anymore....well, maybe if it is a Lorcin.... :P

I was on the phone with Jim Anglin with Sailors custom pistols talking about another project and asked him my options on sights for the Para. The dovetail was strange, and I couldnt find anything to fit it. He just told me to send the pistol along with a list of things I wanted. I hadnt had time to checker the front strap and told him I would do it. He said that he would take care of it. Due to my experience with my own and others Paras I was considering Cryoing the gun, since it is destined to be a carry gun and a loaner for students as well. Since he has Paras out in the field with over 80K without any breakages I deferred to his opinion....He also slicked up the trigger, Wow. It was good before, but it is incredible now. I would hate to try his competition action after this ;) . After Cryoing it and him working it over it now feels like my LesBaer...hard to say that about a Para but it is true. I cant wait to go shoot it tonight :wub: .

Needless to say with all the horrific Gunsmith stories we know I wanted to point out one of our fellow forum members as a Gentleman who apologized for taking so long... :blink:

He has my trust and will have my business as well!

See ya,

Doug Carden

post-580-1138943689_thumb.jpg

Just got back from the range. I put about 450 rounds through the gun, 200LSWC, 230LRN, 185 Berrys RN, and of course Winchester White box economy 230jhps. Ran like a swiss clock. Other than forgetting the D@#$ allen wrench for the rear sight I would have to say for a carry piece it shoots better than some of my other 1911s..... :) Lets just say that I am comfortable with this blaster now and appreciate it more than when I got it, which is why you send your blaster to the smith in the first place!

Doug Carden

• 2 weeks later...

Jim built my open Caspian in 9 major. I sent him a box of parts and a list of things to do.

Well 3 weeks later I get the gun back from him all done. Test fired with the empy cases included.

I will not tell you what he charged me but I will say he is going to do my next one as well.

Jim is a real nice guy to talk with. I would recomend his work all day long.

By the way Doug, Nice peice!!

Jim also has done all of the work on my guns. He built me a sweet open gun and did all the work on my Para 45 when i had it. Im planing on having me build a limited gun when i get home from Iraq.

Here is the contact info:

Jim Anglin

4760 n 17th st.

Omaha Ne 68110

402 451 0797