Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Shotgun Accessories

Where ca a fella get shell holders or belts to use in 3 gun? Like the shell holders one straps to the arm. I do know where to optain shell strippers but usually some end up on the ground and I am looking for alternative shell holding products and ideas. Thanks in advance!!

Edited by nipplehead

• 3 weeks later...
3gungear.com is the only place to go for high quality 3gun accessories. i have their 7 round side saddle and the 2 x 4 for my forend.

Great stuff

I would agree except they stopped shipping any orders about a year ago. I have 2 friends that won gift certificates for 3GunGear at SMM3G '05 and neither have received their gear. Another friend ordered, had his card charged, and hasn't gotten his gear 9 months later. I use a bunch of his gear but I'm not ordering anymore.

I would agree except they stopped shipping any orders about a year ago. I have 2 friends that won gift certificates for 3GunGear at SMM3G '05 and neither have received their gear. Another friend ordered, had his card charged, and hasn't gotten his gear 9 months later. I use a bunch of his gear but I'm not ordering anymore.

Yeah, everyone has friends that....

Have they called and talked to Mark? I don't think he checks his email all that often. Most I have ever had to wait is a couple/three weeks and he told me up front that there would be a delay.

95% of the time these things are a matter of miscommunication or lack of communication. An email that isn't answered or even a FAX doesn't count as communication in my book. I only count it as communication if I talk to them on the phone, in person, or via certified mail.

I was facing the same challenge when I started 3Gun 18 months ago. I saw a lot of guys with the Speed Strippers made by Calif. Competition Works (see Brownells part #151-000-030). In the interest of getting the biggest bang for my buck, I got two of the six round models. I got kinda frustrated 'cause at least 1/2 of my rounds ended up on the ground instead of in the gun. Then I aquired an 8 round side saddle, 2x4 and an 8 round forearm unit from 3Gun Gear (I had no problems with my order). With some help from one of Mike Voight's Shooting USA segments on shotgun reloading I felt the setup was working ok.

Lately though, I've been watching some of the guys using their left hand to pull rounds from the 4-Rd. speed strippers and reload without the stock ever leaving their right sholder. I asked one of them to show me exactly how he used his fingers to accomplish the reload. He told me to grab the shells 4 at a time with my thumb and opposing index & middle fingers the same way a pitcher would grab a baseball to throw a curve ball. He suggested that I try practicing it at home (SAFELY), starting real slow and gradually increasing the speed. I also found that taping my ring and pinky fingers together helped me get the motion down (I don't think I'll try that on the range though.

I've still got a long way to go but It seems to be working pretty well. I just ordered 4 more of ther 4-Rd. speed strippers from brownells. Hope this is helpfull.

Hi Blockhead and welcome to the forums!

I have found that I don't have the finger length and dexterity in my left hand to reliably handle 4 shells quickly. I have backed off and do 3 at a time and that is actually faster for me than 4 using right hand loading.

A big part of this game is figuring out what is best for you given your body parts.

I have found that I don't have the finger length and dexterity in my left hand to reliably handle 4 shells quickly. I have backed off and do 3 at a time and that is actually faster for me than 4 using right hand loading.

A big part of this game is figuring out what is best for you given your body parts.

same here as kimel. I was introduced to it through Brian's forum by Mike Hughes. I followed up my questions to him and Kurt Miller as I went along. I am happy grabbing 3 at a time using Choate shotshell holders. Good skills to you Blockhead. :)