Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 production mods - tungsten rod?

sfinney

I see that according to Production rules, your pistol can only weight 2 oz. more than stock. I would like to add a Tungsten guide rod to my G35, and have looked at several different versions online (T.H.E., etc) - some that are normal Glock 22 length, and others extend longer, to the end of a G35 slide. Does anyone know which ones weigh how much? Its not published on any of the web pages I've seen, and they aren't avail at Brownells yet. I'd like to add the longer rod, but am afraid it will add more than 2 oz. Thanks!

The Front Sight magazine a couple of issues ago addressed the tungsten rod and stated they were legal to use in production.  Might want to check back through your back issues.  Wasn't too long ago.  Within the last couple of copies or so.

Don't forget that when you are adding the 1.8oz. rod and a Bomar sight, you are taking away the stock rod and spring, the stock sights, plus any material milled away if you decide to "low mount" the Bomar.  I would think you would be fine on the Bomar and tungsten rod combo.