Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Having The Talent To Make Things, Like This...

Bruce

Someone once described my wood-working skills as "crude but effective". :lol:

I just don't get it. I do real good cutting the trees down. I'm pretty handy with a splitting maul. I even build a nice fire. But anything past that, I'm outta my league.

Yeah, fine hand-made wood furniture like that blows me away too!

Sweet looking stuff. Wish I could build it that pretty. My brother in law does nice wood working. I only dabble. I just finished building a wood top for a file cabinet for my newly renovated office. Picked up the cabinet dirt cheap as it was missing the metal top. Used some scrap wood, stained it ebony, and threw some mitered trim on it to finish it off.

post-4300-1138034770_thumb.jpg

Sometime today, I'll be sanding and putting another coat of poly on this cpu trolley. I would have bought one given the time it took to make this one. But I have two CPU's and none of those I looked at were wide enough. By no means can I do a professional job (especially since all the tools I own are a hand miter box and saw, a jig saw, and a circular saw), but I make do and it's acceptable for the price/effort.

post-4300-1138034789_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I could make a chair like that, no problemo. Pricing I'm not too sure about, but I could definitely beat those prices. Of course where you're located at and getting the chair to you would be a different story entirely.

I teach woodworking classes as a side thing. I've also been published in "the" major woodworking magazine here in the States, as well as having some other small stuff published too in other magazines.

You could go to www.finewoodworking.com. At that page, scroll down a little bit to where it say's Knots discussion forum. Click on that, join up, and post that you're looking for someone to make a Greene and Greene style chair in your area, where ever that is.

If you wanna see more expensive higher end Arts and Crafts style furniture, clickey this:

http://www.kevinrodel.com/

Never thought I'd be talking furniture making on a shooting website.

I do stained glass, too.

Chills

Bruce,

When I was younger I worked for a cabnet maker that made all the tables for the Houlihans resturants, The original resturants. I came out of that experiance knowing how to sand wood thats about it! I used to watch him, But his skill escaped me. I have built custom $1000.00 Rifle stocks, But those damn tables were a mystery!!! I'm with you!

Ivan