Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knife Fight

Scooter

I know that this is often something that comes up for discussion, but many people don't understand the devestation a blade can have. Their is something called the Tueller drill whereby someone with a knife can cover 21' of ground in under 1.5 seconds. Now for most competitors a draw can be done easily in less than that amount of time on the range. Now, carry the gun in a concealed fashion like you most likely would for concealed carry and it is not so easy.

Now put the man with the blade 4 feet from you or at bad breath distance with a knife in the hand and you are carrying concealed and the the situation isn't exactly like a lot of people think that believe the gun is the answer to all conflict.

There are many times that you shouldn't bring a gun to a knife fight.

Rick

I know that this is often something that comes up for discussion, but many people don't understand the devestation a blade can have. Their is something called the Tueller drill whereby someone with a knife can cover 21' of ground in under 1.5 seconds. Now for most competitors a draw can be done easily in less than that amount of time on the range. Now, carry the gun in a concealed fashion like you most likely would for concealed carry and it is not so easy.

Now put the man with the blade 4 feet from you or at bad breath distance with a knife in the hand and you are carrying concealed and the the situation isn't exactly like a lot of people think that believe the gun is the answer to all conflict.

There are many times that you shouldn't bring a gun to a knife fight.

Rick

Well said Rick.

I personally like "run" as an option. I just wanted to point out that blades are not to be underestimated. Sometimes this name brings up some interesting responses but visit Warriortalk.com sometime and listen to what Gabe Suarez has to say. They have trained off the square ranges with blades and firearms.

I know that this forum really isn't the place for this discussion so I will encourage those interested to visit warrior talk and keep an open mind.

There are a couple of fellows out there that also have some very good web sites. I like to visit and listen to Kelly Worden and Michael Janich.

Listen to some of Kelly Worden's radio shows on his site: http://www.kellyworden.com

Janich's web site: http://www.martialbladeconcepts.com/

If you can't tell I have a passon for firearms and blades.

I probably should have just laughed at the original joke and shut up. But I like to type and talk about guns and knives :P

See you on the range.

Rick