Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MAGWELL

RAZZ

Anyone have any suggestions for a decent magwell for a G22? I am borrowing a friend's, which I believe is the aluminium model made by Glockmeister. I'd like one that has a more flared opening and fills in the gaps on the front and rear a little better. Also, any feedback on the Taylor Freelance +5 mag extensions? Thanks...  

I don't know what the Glockmeister magwell looks like so I don't know if the one I have is any better.  I got mine from topglock and if memory serves me correctly it was made by T.H.E. and its solid brass.  I am also using the Taylor Freelance old +4's.  I got a good price on them so I bought them.  I haven't had any problems with them yet they have functioned flawlessly.  I had to shave some plastic flashing off the inside of the bottom lip of the mag so the spring and follower wouldn't get hung up on it.  I've heard from some though that they could only get +3 in them.  Mine work fine, I would sure like to try the plus 5's but they just aren't in my budget right now.  I've seen the grams pads and they are real nice but they were twice as much as the Freelance ones I bought.

Good Luck

Doug

I prefer the JP Enterprises magwell.  It's not as BIG as the Lightning Strike or T.H.E. magwells, but offers an adequate opening for "as fast as you can" mag insertions.  I haven't tried T.H.E.'s well, but the LightningStrike well changes my grip on the gun by taking up too much room at the bottom of the grip.  The JP is slimmer allowing my hand to fit the gun better.  If I had a smaller hand, I would probably prefer the bigger magwell..