Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shotgun smithing

My understanding is that Benelli barrels are difficult to work.  Something about how thin the walls are.  I have heard that Clark's in Louisiana does good work on Benellis and so does Simmons in Kansas.  I'm no expert though but that is what I've been told by folks whose opinions I trust.

Michael Brown

John,

Michael is right about the Benelli barrels being a little thin. They make them that way on purpose. The barrel is a lot thicker where the chokes are designed to go. Benelli make 21", 24", 26" and 28" barrels for the Nova. It will be more expensive but most likely safer and usually better in the long run to buy the barrel length you require from the factory.

Then if there is a problem, then its their problem, not yours!!

Best of Luck

(Edited by gm iprod at 1:53 am on May 3, 2002)

I will check when I get to work tomorrow. I sell the things and I am sure that they do them. Although I have been wrong in the past when relying on my memory.

I can get most things out the Italians in about 6 weeks if need be. But I would think a US dealer would have a shit load more clout than me. BTW, I am in New Zealand.

Turn left at Hawaii and keep going until you bump into another Volcano. Stop!!

John, I was wrong, Benelli only do 24/26/28 for the Nova, it is the M1 S90 that you can get the 21".

I take it you are looking for something shorter than 24".

If H&K US are still the importer, I would try them. My supplier says he can get one in 8 weeks most likely!!!

But I'm not sure if that going to help you.

Personally I would tell Briley that they can do the job my way or not at all. So much for the customer being right.

Best of Luck.

The price that Briley charges is to thread the barrel and supply 3 choke tubes.

I spoke with the head honcho of the Shotgun Div at Briley and they said that can and do thread Benelli barrels.  That's where my M1 Super 90 is going in a few weeks or so.

I sent an 870 to this place in Arkansas, I think it's simply "John's Chokes." Even though it was a thin barrel they threaded it for Colonial thin-wall chokes. Cheaper than a new Remington barrel, much cheaper than a new Benelli barrel. And it patterns suh-weet with Federal 00B.