Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Had Fun Shooting Single Stack Division Sunday

midvalleyshooter

I shot a match just this past Sunday and I entered Single Stack Division. This match features open squadding and many shooters shoot in two divisions. The guy who won SSD also shot Lim. 10. Interesting is the fact his score was better in SSD even though he shot SSD first, go figure. Here is the break down of entries per division for 38 total shooters:

Open - 14

Limited - 11

Limited 10 - 3

Production - 4

Revolver - 3

Single Stack - 3

I have not shot USPSA regulary in several years. I have shot some Cowboy Action and IDPA in the interim. Single Stack Division has me interested again. Anyhow, I was third in SSD out of three shooters I enjoyed blasting away with my Springfield and plan to do it again as soon as I can.

Keith

PS The club scoring guru said a simple patch was all that was needed to score SSD and it was down loadable from the USPSA web site, cool huh?

Edited by midvalleyshooter

Unfortunately I can't deal with the Production-type equipment rules. Otherwise it would be nice to drag out my .38 Super that got me started in the various gun games.

One of these days I'll do so, just in L-10.

We had 2 or 3 SS shooters at our last local match.

There were three of us shooting SS last Sunday as well. I won three of the 6 stages, and the guy who won the other three picked the three with the most stage points to win. That must be what they mean by it being a mental game.... :lol: