Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Club Timer Iii Problems

SCulp

I got a Pact Club Timer 3 just before Christmas. I used the timer alittle at first for some dry firing and everything was fine. I took it to a friends house last night for some live fire in his indoor range and as I was timing my friend I noticed that every string it was picking up extra shots I was watching the timer as it counted shots that he wasn't firing. I think it may have something to do with the echo indoors. Has anyone had this problem. Is there a way I can fix it or adjust the sensitivity. Any help will be appreciated.

I don't know if that model has an electronic adjustment but it is the echoes causing the problem and putting a paster over the mic holes will cure it. You have to sometimes play with the amount of "coverage" so it can still pick up regular shots.

Have the same problem with my MKIV. I put ear plugs on the unit per the advice that I received from Pact. Take a foam ear plug and slice off a small sliver of it. On the MKIV the mic is recessed in a series of 1/16th to 1/8" slots. Stick the foam in the slot.

If you put too much foam in, it won't pick up anything not enough and you get echos. Outdoors I just pull the foam out. On the MKIV there is an internal adjustment but the foam is easier than opening the case every time you change from indoors to outdoors.

Rick

• 5 months later...

i'm having the same problem on my club III. just called PACT and was advised to try adjusting the timer's sensitivity. here is what i saw on my first shot, this type of display occurs from time to time

pac1.jpg

and i'm sure that i don't draw that slow :blink::P

Edited by 9MX

• 1 month later...

I have been working daily on an indoor range for the last 5 years, and have never been able to solve the echo problem with all sorts of timers. If anyone gets great results, please let me know.

steve h

Mine picked up a .10 first shot every time, and don't I wish I was that fast. I adjusted the sensitivity with a screwdriver inside the battery compartment as shown in, God help us, the instructions. I no longer have the problem.