Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Disconnector issue?

swts

I have had a very intermittent issue with my Shadow 2 recently. For reference, ~5k rounds, stock gun except for CGW reduced power trigger return spring and floating trigger pin.

I started having an issue during dry fire where the trigger pull would cause the hammer to fall to half-cocked, then fall the rest of the way as I let the trigger out. I took the slide off, cleaned the gun and it seemed to solve the problem. 

Today I had a problem during dry fire where I was able to fully pull the trigger until the overtravel screw contacted the frame. As i let the trigger out, eventually it would fall to half-cocked, then would drop into hammer-down. Then a normal trigger pull would be possible. Then the problem would repeat. See video for examples.

I have previously adjusted and loc-tited the overtravel screw with plenty of travel after the hammer falls. The screw has not moved so I do not suspect it is playing into the issue. 

I have read of similar issues being attributed to the disconnector. This is my first CZ and I do not have any experience fitting parts or adjusting the sear assembly. 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions on causes or problem solving. 

https://imgur.com/a/br6BNB3

Edited by swts
Added imgur link

Over travel screws will move if you don’t set it right. Recommend you undo it, so it isn’t touching the frame and see what happens to the hammer fall.

To diagnose the over travel screw and how close you can get:

1) Pull the trigger and pin to the frame.

2) Move the hammer in its full range while the trigger is pinned.

2a) Hammer hooks ‘bite’ on the sear means the over travel screw is too far outward, back the screw in.

2b) Hammer moves freely, you maybe able to move the over travel screw more outward, screw it out until you feel 2a. Screw it back in when you return to 2b.

Make sure there is no debris around the trigger bar, or under the sear where the disconnected is moving.

Looking at your pics you might want to use some high grit sandpaper and sand the face of the disconnector then use some metal polish on it. You also might want to polish the trigger bar where the disco contacts it (no sandpaper just polish). 

On 10/16/2024 at 3:29 PM, swts said:

Does this look like normal wear for ~5k rounds?

5k is just starting to wear in, especially if you didn’t polish anything.  

DA not dropping properly could be multiple things. 

1. The ear on disco does not release off the trigger bar properly. 
  2. grit build up on trigger bar and disco.
  3. Grit build up on frame where disco foot sides up.
  4. Grit build up under sear cage.
  5. Grit build up between trigger bar and frame sides.

Common thing is grit, so entirely strip gun and clean it. Assuming it ran fine in the past, clean the gun more than a spray down with brake cleaner. 

If it still does this when the gun is like new clean then you may need a new disco. Get the CGW version.  

Thank you all for the suggestions. 
I stripped the gun completely and did a deep clean. Nothing looked out of place, just dirty. I removed the disconnector and took a bit of material off, following a CGW fitting tutorial. After reassembly, I readjusted the overtravel screw. 

I have since put 1200 rounds through it without issue. 

30 minutes ago, swts said:

Thank you all for the suggestions. 
I stripped the gun completely and did a deep clean. Nothing looked out of place, just dirty. I removed the disconnector and took a bit of material off, following a CGW fitting tutorial. After reassembly, I readjusted the overtravel screw. 

I have since put 1200 rounds through it without issue. 

Good deal. There's nothing like fixing a problem with your own gun. Even though it can be a pita you get to learn more about fixing your own guns.