Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burned Dvd Sound Issues

George has much more technical knowledge than I, but I find that when I burn DVDs on my RCA burner that they won't play on many other players. At least you have sound. I burned some DVDs for a friend and none of them played on his home player but played fine on the unit that I burned them with.

Rick

Beyond the usual "do you have the speakers turned on?" ;) You may have burned an audio format your PC doesn't support, say, Dolby. There are a few possible audio formats for DVDs and since some of them cost extra to support, some PC makers don't.

I did check the speakers by playing some mp3's and other video clips. ;) The source dvd has great sound from those same speakers. I do not have the audio cable from my dvd player connected to the motherboard though. I thought that would be a problem but it works fine with the source so I am flumoxed.

-ld

If you pull the files from the source DVD to the HD and play them from there do you get audio? Many DVDs have multiple audio tracks in different formats, so make sure you aren't accidentally trying to play the Estonian audio track or something too.