Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire Eclipse and Aero EPC issue

Posted (edited)

I have Eclipses in two different PCC builds, both get what seems to be hammer follow and burst fire with rapid splits. Both are Aero EPC9 lowers. Yesterday I swapped triggers with a buddy who has the Hiperfire Competition. His trigger works fine in my gun and my trigger works fine in his gun (not an aero lower). Reinstalled the Eclipse in my lower and it repeatedly would hammer follow. I would assume it's a tolerance issue but it's odd that it happens in two separate Aero lowers and two separate Eclipses. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to switch to CMC I think. Both of my PCC's are basically new.

Edited by ColoradoNick
On 7/6/2024 at 1:21 PM, ColoradoNick said:

I have Eclipses in two different PCC builds, both get what seems to be hammer follow and burst fire with rapid splits. Both are Aero EPC9 lowers. Yesterday I swapped triggers with a buddy who has the Hiperfire Competition. His trigger works fine in my gun and my trigger works fine in his gun (not an aero lower). Reinstalled the Eclipse in my lower and it repeatedly would hammer follow. I would assume it's a tolerance issue but it's odd that it happens in two separate Aero lowers and two separate Eclipses. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to switch to CMC I think. Both of my PCC's are basically new.

I would suggest starting here:

https://www.hiperfire.com/wp-content/uploads/HIPERFIRE_FCG_Trouble_Shooting_Guide.pdf

I’m confident it’s not user error my buddy is a GM in PCC (and runs Hiperfire triggers) and immediately had the same issue. It’s not wear as both lowers are basically brand new. I definitely believe it’s a tolerance issue. There is not good remedy though- spend $200 on a different brand lower that *may* work, or sell the Eclipse that I paid $275 for and replace it with something else. 😤

What’s the rest of your build?

- bolt

- buffer

- tube length 

- any additional stroke reduction

- what ammo (weight/PF)

It’s a peculiar problem you’re having… especially with the swap… but I’ve had nearly 10 Eclipse triggers and all have been flawless in a variety of lowers. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 1:02 AM, Dirty_J said:

What’s the rest of your build?

- bolt

- buffer

- tube length 

- any additional stroke reduction

- what ammo (weight/PF)

It’s a peculiar problem you’re having… especially with the swap… but I’ve had nearly 10 Eclipse triggers and all have been flawless in a variety of lowers. 

build #1 basically a TR9 clone

jp bolt/barrel

a5 tube

tubbs flat spring

Kynshot buffer with SS spacer

124gr ammo

build 2

faxon bolt

A5 buffer

orange 308 spring

7oz buffer with SS spacer

124 and 158gr (subs)

build 2 is suppressed but it does it with or without the can, not as bad as build 1 but it still happens routinely.

Edited by ColoradoNick