Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme Euro Open 2024 is wrapped up ;-)

I just finished my 2nd IPSC Level 3 Handgun "Extreme Euro Open" (EEO) in Hodonice, Czech Republic ... and yes, it was again "extreme": the preparations, the journey to the match, the 30 stages and the weather (hot, very hot, no wind and even rain). My personal objective was to improve my performance compared to last year's EEO: mission accomplished, but still a long way to go by training and participating in more L1/2/3-matches! My new open race gun ran perfectly, no issues whatsoever!

I'd like to thank all EEO RO's, scorers and the squad members of "Squad 28", and especially my 2 fellow SNPS shooters! We laughed, we cried (over Mikes and NS ;-), we patched, reset steel and movers, and had lots of fun before, during and after the match 😉

Similar to last year, and probably the years before, the only big disadvantage of the EEO is the fact that all competitors have to patch and reset on all the stages. This really drains your fitness, alertness and basically takes you out of your "match mode", limits stages visualisations and negatively impacts the competitor's match performance and results. For a match of this caliber - and high entry/participation fee - the match organisation should really try harder to find a solution i.r.t. the patching/resetting of the stages for future EEO's.

Looking forward to the EEO next year in June 2025!

EEO Results.jpg

We almost always have to reset stages at major matches over here.  A typical 12 stage major match will cause me to walk 20,000 steps.  I'm always ready to be finished about 3/4 of the way through.

13 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

We almost always have to reset stages at major matches over here.  A typical 12 stage major match will cause me to walk 20,000 steps.  I'm always ready to be finished about 3/4 of the way through.

Same here. I did 22k my last major and ran out of gas hard on my last few stages. 

• 1 month later...