Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 gen5 chugging?

thehudge

Ive been using wolff for a long time, dare I say decades.  The last batch of springs I ordered were delayed by a year due to supply chain issues (I hate that phrase) and I wonder if ultimately that was the issue; mistakes can be made.  I will not hold this against them as it is the first time I have had a problem with any of there springs.  

Thanks for the heads up. 

It might be worth getting your hands on a spring tester to have hard data. It's good to test recoil springs right out of the package and see where they test after X number of rounds. 

Seems odd for a new recoil spring, but anything is possible I suppose. What weight are you running and does the gun pass the recoil spring test with the trigger depressed?

Did you change anything with bullet load?

When in doubt go back to factory and shoot factory ammo to see if the issue persists.

I’ve been using Wolf Springs for a few years now, and the only issue I’ve had is a spring breaking during a match after a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Gen5 Glock 34 and I haven’t been able to use a spring below 15lbs & 2 pc guide Rod.  If I do, the slide stops 1/8-1/4” back from full battery.  Very annoying…. The loads plunk test great.  I replaced the firing pin block spri g with a lifter one also.  Maybe you are having similar issues?

I have been using the ten pound spring for at least four years. Originally I had a Vanik trigger and about tree years ago switched to a Timney/Johnny Glock trigger. There were never any issues before and since I changed the spring to a new (ten pound) one there are no more issues.  

If I manually rack the slide, slowly walk the slide forward it will stop before going into battery like you described. Also, I cannot use the slide stop to complete a reload, as it will not go into battery, but that's ok cause my mags rarely lock the slide back on an empty mag anyway.  I don't run the gun to empty.

I deal with the idiosyncrasy's for the soft recoil and flat shooting.  I get comments often on how little to no recoil my gun has when i shoot and I do walk the line with a 127 power factor in the winter. I chronograph, and often just to make sure.