Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shell caddies

I am waiting for my 1301 to get delivered and looking for some shell caddies to play with. I have seen people use the tacom ones and i think an invictus one. i really like those, The king competition ones are beautiful but dang they are pricy. Any first hand knowledge or thoughts

My first hand knowledge is that you should have shot open and skipped shell caddies all together LOL

That said if you feel you must drop deuces or quad load, try a few different caddy types if at all possible. In my experience different ones tend to hold shells fairly differently to the point that I get along with some of them and hate others. Unfortunately I don't remember the brands as I've always just bummed my kids stuff until I decided to shoot open and forgo all of that nonsense 🤣🤣

Maybe somebody else will come along with better info in a bit. Good luck

The Invictus and Taccom are both good. I'm not sure if Carbon Arms is still producing their rigs. Kings are extremely good and there is another brand from the UK. I have British friends that are using both brands. 

If you can borrow something and try it before a match it would be a good move.

My hands don't work well enough to grab 4, so I load 2 at a time rather than drop 2 on the ground and maybe get 2 in the tube. 

The invictus caddies have a very easy release, but the shells can be knocked out or repositioned fairly easily. Kings are amazing, yes, they are pricey, but you get what you pay for. The shells are held in place very securely, I have gone prone and they are still right there. The shells pull free with little force as well. Very happy with the King caddies. I started with Taccom as many did due to price, they will get the job done, but require a lot of force to release the shells. Magload is also making some pretty cool caddies that are similar to king.

I have a couple of Taccom twin loaders.  I bought one I thought would be big enough, and then bought a bigger one.

IMO I am content twin loading, my fingers are fairly short and the effort required to get good at quad loading is not worth the few seconds it will occasionally save me, I am not winning by a larger margin than that. 

Also what I did was mount them on the Bladetech Paddle Attachments and that lets me just use them when I need them and also lets me easily share them with friends or new shooters that might not have something.  

i went ahead and ordered 1 of the king caddies and some other goodies from Donnie at Stage Zero Last week and just waiting on them to ship out.  But havent heard anything on shipping yet.