Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DWX Compact and CZC A01-SD

1911Geek

I just purchased a Dan Wesson DWX compact and wanted to get any feedback from you guys on this pistol. I live in California so I’m still waiting to pick it up. I also have a line on a CZ Custom A01 SD and was looking for any feedback on that as well. I’ve actually felt the DWX and really like it so far. Framed a slide is tight and very very smooth, trigger is a little heavy, but very crisp.

As for the A01 I haven’t had a chance to put my hands on it so I’m looking for any feedback in regards to frame to slide fit, and smoothness, trigger feel etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2024 at 2:49 PM, 1911Geek said:

I just purchased a Dan Wesson DWX compact and wanted to get any feedback from you guys on this pistol. I live in California so I’m still waiting to pick it up. I also have a line on a CZ Custom A01 SD and was looking for any feedback on that as well. I’ve actually felt the DWX and really like it so far. Framed a slide is tight and very very smooth, trigger is a little heavy, but very crisp.

As for the A01 I haven’t had a chance to put my hands on it so I’m looking for any feedback in regards to frame to slide fit, and smoothness, trigger feel etc

All 3 of the A01 SD I had (still have 2) were very well fit and are great guns. 

• 1 month later...

For carry Id think the SA/DA of the A01 would be safer. I'm not sure I like the idea of cocked and locked appendix where the safety is rubbing on you. Plus re-holstering with hammer lowered seems much more relaxing of an idea.

• 1 month later...

Any A01 variation is going to be a lot more custom than a DWX. I have owned both/all. A01 are fantastic. The SD transitions really fast as well.