Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest batch of Rival - S - How are they?

Chutist

Thinking about dipping a toe in the Canik waters.  Tracked some of the issues with the earlier Steel frame guns.  Noticed the guns disappeared for quite a while - no stock anywhere. Seeing them starting to pop up in stock now after several months.  Reading that they did some small updates / fixed.

Who's got one? How's it going so far? 😀

Edited by Chutist

I saw one demo where they tried to over insert the mag and have it drag on the underside of the slide and it would not.  Guess that was one of the issues....

I'm probably going to get one.  They seem to be popping up then selling out.  Guess I gotta be fast! LOL!!!

I am new to Canik and I picked up a Rival-S Darkside. The sticker on the case had December XX, 2023. Would this date be considered one of the newer batches that had the issues resolved? 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So I've got about 700 rounds and ZERO issues.  No failures of any type.  That shooting was an indoor range trip to sight in, 2 indoor matches and one outdoor match.  That was all with Winchester White Box.  Pretty hot ammo.  Mags were 3 stock and two with the Henning extensions.  The Hennings gave me 22 rounds reloadable with the factory spring(new) and follower.  

I'm going to start working down loads for lighter PF.  I'll start with softer factory stuff like Blazer 124.  Then some hand loads that just make PF.  I bought a Rune Tactical recoil spring kit, along with striker and other springs.  Ran great, so now I'll see if I can "break it". 😂  

The Canik ME03 has been solid as well...surprisingly good.  I can't "perceive" any difference in the dot or "quality" of the sight picture at speed from my Holosun or Sig Max.  For HALF the price of the Holosun 507Comp delivered.  No wonder they are sold out everywhere...

Edited by Chutist