Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newb!

Newb who recently got into uspsa. Been doing CO and LO. But really wanting to do open. Tips? Do I absolutely need to reload? We havr some M class open who just buy factory major. 

26 minutes ago, gantiwar said:

Newb who recently got into uspsa. Been doing CO and LO. But really wanting to do open. Tips? Do I absolutely need to reload? We havr some M class open who just buy factory major. 

Welcome to the forum.

As for major PF open gun ammo, that is going to depend on what caliber...I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find 9mm or 38super/SC major on any normal store shelves. Probably 95% or more of open shooters load their own.

9 hours ago, gantiwar said:

There are plenty of options, everglades, black dot, atlanta arms all sell factory 9 major, but seemed easier and cheaper to load your own, plus you can tune the load to your setup

3 hours ago, Nathanb said:

Not all off the shelf open will make major in your gun as well. Everglades did not. I haven’t tried the others 

So reloading is best then. Will have to shell out to buy 

3 hours ago, Runswithwood1 said:

There are plenty of options, everglades, black dot, atlanta arms all sell factory 9 major, but seemed easier and cheaper to load your own, plus you can tune the load to your setup

Agreed. But I need to recover from.the cost of the open gun. So will have to settle for now on the factory stuff