Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flex Holster and Limcat Open

2 minutes ago, lroy said:

What's sticking with the mrh? I know the cheely grip is a bit different and takes slight modification of the holster to work well. 

Not sure..... It take a little effort to push gun all the way in and takes effort to take it out. I have a 2011 got Cheely grip on my other open and Atlas. No problem there.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lroy said:

What's sticking with the mrh? I know the cheely grip is a bit different and takes slight modification of the holster to work well. 

What slight modification ?

Edited by Murzikrv

On 3/17/2024 at 3:15 PM, Murzikrv said:

What slight modification ?

After discussing similar issues with my MPA fitting the Everglades MRH, I had this discussion with Steve Bender and the mods fixed my problem.  Seems it is a requirement for many different pistol grips:

This will probably fix it.  See the attached picture. You will need to remove material from this area (on both sides) to allow the grip to fit further down into the holster and allow the lock to operate properly.  I use some sandpaper wrapped around a stick or a smooth file.

Cheely Holster Cut 2.jpg

Loosen the top 2 screws of the holster body a little. Some trigger guards are wider than others and will bind with the holster tightened all the way down. 

You shouldn’t have to worry about it changing during a match, but I keep a 5/64 driver in my bag  just in case.