Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Club Matches In The L.a. California Area?

Okay folks. I plan on visiting the LA california area this weekend 1/7 and 1/8 and next weekend 1/14 and 1/15. Can anyone tell me what clubs will shoot during this time? Last time I went with my heart set on shooting Norco, only to find out the match was cancelled because of Cowboy end of trail. I ended up shooting at SWPL match in sylmar and had a blast!

I want to shoot again. Can you please tell me the match info such as where, when and how much $?

I know I can check the USPSA website, but I rather get the opinion of the folks here on the forum.

Thanks,

Ralph

note: edited to eliminate confusion between Los Angeles and Louisiana

Edited by rsotelo

Ralph,

There should be a Norco match on 7 and 14 January. I have not heard anything anything else to the contrary. Norco is $27, $30 if there is a classifier. Shooting starts around 9 AM. There should be a match at Prado on 15 Jan. They usually run 6 stages + a classifier. Cost is ~ $20. Shooting starts around 9 AM. The only day without a USPSA match near by is the second Sunday of the month.

PM me if you need more info.

Later,

Chuck

PS: Are you the Ralph with the flames on the Glock?

Thanks Chuck,

What about the Sunday of the 8th? Any matches? I want to get as much shooting as possible as I will not get to shoot outside again until April.

I do have flames on my glock.

All and any info is greatly appreciated

There is a steel match at palm springs. Great match by the way, my personal favorite. There is also a match at the rockpile which is near lake mathews near norco. So you can get 2 for one steel on the 2nd sunday. It's what my squad does.

On the 15th there is also a steel match in norco. I set up the stages. If you were hard core you could shoot the prado ipsc and run down to norco for some steel.

Oh there is also a indoor ipsc match in mission viejo at On Target on wed. Man do we got a lot of matches in so cal or what.

btw do I know you? Did you play paintball in so cal in the late 80's to mid 90's?

Yar,

good point on the SSA steel on the 15th. I typically choose Prado over SSA, so I tend to forget about it. The OnTarget "match" is not a sanctioned USPSA match. It is more of a practice thing that tries to getting new shooters into USPSA style shooting. But it is better than not shooting at all!

Is the rockpile thing like SSA or is it Steel Challenge? How can I get directions to the place?

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS