Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello all,

I have recently acquired an Oehler 35P.  It is missing the tripods and 4' bar.  It has the 3 sensors, printer, and the skyscreens and arms.  I set it up and am able to get a reading when using a flashlight across the sensors and the printer even prints it out.

I already have a chrono (In fact, 2).  So this is not something I really need.  But I have it none the less 8).

Called Oehler and they still have for purchase a tripod kit that includes the 2 tripods and the 4' bar to mount the sensors on.  

Question for you all.  Is it worth buying the kit for 89 bucks to get this back to a complete working unit?  Maybe try to sell off the parts I have instead?

Respectfully,

Mike

I have a 35P with the tripods and bars and all.  99% of the time I'd use it with the 2' bar because that's way easier to haul around.

The tripods on mine are.... flimsy.    If you already have a good tripod you can use a pipe clamp to make an adapter to that so they aren't required, but you do want their bar or be good at precisely dimpling some conduit (which is what the bar is).

I ended up making a clamp-bar that would clamp to a range cover for the ultimate in no-tipping mount.  Maybe still on here somewhere in the dusty back stacks.