Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pneumoia

On Feb. 4th I called 911 because I thought maybe I might be having a heart attack.  I had already been sick with something since about Jan. 20th that caused lots of productive coughing and left me pretty weak.  Turns out that I had pneumoia with 2 clots in the right lung.  I stayed in the hospital until Feb. 23rd then was released to a skilled care center and was there until Feb 29th.  I'm home now but still pretty weak.  I don't walk very good and the sense of balance is not all that good.  Various outfits are going to show up for PT and med checks because I've now taking warfarin.  Turns out that I also had a clot on the heart.  I'm 81 and all this really wore me down.  I'm working at getting the strength back, but it may be awhile.

I'm betting things like that will wear me down if I eventually make it to 80.

Are you able to do something that you enjoy? That kind of things are good for the mind, at least.

My wife is an RN and she said you must have gotten some really good care. She said most folks your age that go that far down the pneumonia rabbit hole don't survive it. I'm glad you're home and on the mend!👍

Edited by 392heminut

The hospital Drs. said that I was 2-4 days away from not surviving the experience.  I guess that you don't really want either condition and a combo of both pneumonia and clot is bad.