Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to adapt an inline bullet feeder to Dillon XL650

A gentleman that i briefly met informed me that it is possible to adapt a commercially available bullet feeder to the Dillon XL650. I can't recall the brand he mentioned but he said it was inexpensive and worked well. Anyone have any experience with this? I'd sure appreciate any specifics and if you wouldn't mind sharing your experience with this modification. thank you

Are you asking about a powered feeder? 

The quick and easy version was to use a Hornady bullet feeder die and some clear hard tubing for a fish tank to make your own bullet feeder.  I still have one of those setups on a toolhead and it works great for about $30 in parts.  Only real downside was the limited amount of bullets that could be held in the tube (between 20 - 50 depending upon caliber) before it would tip over.  Just meant having to have multiple tubes and refill them like the primer tubes.

galt11, thank you for asking. i should have clarified in my post. looking for a comparatively lower priced option so non-powered.

did the hornady bullet feeder slip/fit onto a die with just some clear tubing?

the tubing you order is the right size to fit directly into the bullet feeding die, there's a small lip that holds it in place.  So all you need is the die, some tubing and I used a cotter pin to hold the bullets in place while you put the tube into the die.

• 4 weeks later...

If you look on Calguns.net there's a guy there that sells a 3D Printed bullet feeder. Shipped to you for just over $200. You do need to buy the DAA die though. Comes with 9 and 40 cal case plates. It's a powered feeder. 

thank you, i'll try to search that. appreciate the response.

9 hours ago, flyinverted said:

If you look on Calguns.net there's a guy there that sells a 3D Printed bullet feeder. Shipped to you for just over $200. You do need to buy the DAA die though. Comes with 9 and 40 cal case plates. It's a powered feeder. 

The cheapest option is to install a bullet dropper die in station 3 and just drop the bullets into the die by hand.

Edited by ddc