Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUL/Magnum Research bull bareel 4.25" 1911 - great build quality

mreed911

I picked up a BUL made Magnum Research 1911 CS because I didn't have a bull barrel 1911 in .45.  Pleasantly surprised by the really tight slide-to-frame fit and the 3.5# trigger out of the box.  More pretravel and overtravel than I'd like, but the overtravel is adjustable for sure (haven't pulled the trigger to see if it has pretravel tabs).  That's a minor quibble.

In a 4.25" no-rail 1911, the forward balance in this feels nice.  Ready to get to the range and run it through its paces.  The front-strap checkering is a nice inclusion, too.  Have a stainless MSH/Magwell on order (personal preference) but beyond that I might have to try this out in Single Stack just to see where it lands.

IMG_9086.thumb.jpeg.7316af41c51c01054d454bcbd091dc97.jpeg

IMG_9084.thumb.jpeg.5c546486e68680cfa95ed74475f7c764.jpeg

Looks nice.  May not be strictly USPSA SS-legal with the bull barrel if it's over 4.20" although you could probably shoot it in Hit Factor or PCSL or IPSC  ;)

Looks cool!

If the bull barrel is 4.33" it is slightly long for IDPA too. No problem for IPSC Classic.

I remember hearing complaints about Buls that had incorrectly fitted barrels at the back. No idea if it was a wide spread issue.

11 hours ago, perttime said:

Looks cool!

If the bull barrel is 4.33" it is slightly long for IDPA too. No problem for IPSC Classic.

I remember hearing complaints about Buls that had incorrectly fitted barrels at the back. No idea if it was a wide spread issue.

I can't shoot IDPA.  I don't follow directions well.  :)