Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My recent experience testing 9mm Major loads: VV 3N38 vs Accurate No. 7 vs Longshot

crsuribe

9 hours ago, Atlas33 said:

Autocomp is quite a bit faster than the ones I’ve mentioned.  I used autocomp for a number of years in both minor and major.  But since I run compensated guns, I prefer the slower powder to make more gas.  

Awesome, I need to try A7 as well. I have quite a few ports and popples on my open gun so more gas the better

50 minutes ago, TechGuy1911 said:

Awesome, I need to try A7 as well. I have quite a few ports and popples on my open gun so more gas the better

My Akai is v4 ported and also inline ported.  You’ll have to find what works best for your gun but 11gr of A7 behind a 124gr jhp is an extremely flat gun that returns to zero for my setup.  

That does not look like a fire ball or muzzle flash more like sparks i would check comp allignment and or gapping. Had simmular problem resolved by reeming comp.

If you haven't tried it Silhouette became my favorite after trying lots of powders.  It is reverse temp sensative so I back it down in the winter.   Making major at 100+ degrees is 7.3gr with a 124gr JHP loaded at 1.165 (172 pf) at 40 degrees 189pf.   The same gun makes MAJ with 7.0 of Wac or 10gr of AA7.   Ones  I tried and discarded 3n37, N350, TrueBlue.  3n38 was ok but too hard to find.  WAC is till use for Steel Loads a 5.8gr /124gr this gives enough gas to work the comp and run the gun.