Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag holder for both CZ and Colt SMG mags

Does anyone know of a mag holder that will hold both CZ75 / CZP09 and Colt SMG mags without adjustment?  I shoot either a Shadow 2 or P09 and now a SA Saint Victor in PCC.  This is mostly in club knockdown steel matches but there is movement and reloading, also USPSA.  I have the Black Scorpion holders I use between my S2 and P09 but even those slightly different mags require adjustment and that’s a PIA shooting both guns.  Something spring loaded seems like it would work.  I’m in a 10 rnd state so no worries of holding big sticks, thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2024 at 11:19 PM, GMP said:

Does anyone know of a mag holder that will hold both CZ75 / CZP09 and Colt SMG mags without adjustment?  I shoot either a Shadow 2 or P09 and now a SA Saint Victor in PCC.  This is mostly in club knockdown steel matches but there is movement and reloading, also USPSA.  I have the Black Scorpion holders I use between my S2 and P09 but even those slightly different mags require adjustment and that’s a PIA shooting both guns.  Something spring loaded seems like it would work.  I’m in a 10 rnd state so no worries of holding big sticks, thanks.

The issue is the different widths of the mags. I have setup DAA pouches for Colt mags and they fit with the 2011 inserts. The pouches have a leaf spring for tension, but CZ mags would wobble side to side so I would swap out the inserts to the CZ specific inserts as needed per match. I wouldn't do it at the range between stages.

Have you considered a open magnet style pouch? Although, the shape of the feed lips of the mags might be too different to work consistently.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-deluxe-magnetic-pouch

I ended up trying some cheap multi-mag holders off Amazon, with molded in leaf springs like the Ghost.  Removed one spring and a little material removal with a dremel and they work pretty well.  SMG and P09 mags now fit great, Shadow 2 mags a little loose but workable and adding magnets would solve that.  I didn't want to blow $30 - $37 on a single mag pouch just yet.