Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MEAN Arms bearing delay upper

On 8/16/2024 at 11:37 PM, Z-Chaos-Factor said:

Agreed anyone who says the Jp5 isn't better then their blowback either has it setup way wrong or is being willfully ignorant. 

I do think this mean arms upper is showing teething issues.

But with Zack Smith shooting one and building a lightened carrier/ buffer for it. This and the Jp5 are the future. 

What teething issues have you noticed? Mine is running 100% with a P lifter, 115gr Blazer, and Unrivaled Armory Comp buffer. 11” barrel version

7 hours ago, 42ATK said:

What teething issues have you noticed? Mine is running 100% with a P lifter, 115gr Blazer, and Unrivaled Armory Comp buffer. 11” barrel version

I don't have one.

But they had to recall and make changes to the first production batch within like the first 2 weeks of shipping them out. 

Then you have amphibian who says he could never get his to run properly at all and says he has two buddies with the same result. But granted they are trying to run them suppressed and cyclic. But they are supposed to be able to do that and no fail within a few hundred rounds. 

So that stuff what I'm calling teething issues. 

1 hour ago, Z-Chaos-Factor said:

I don't have one.

But they had to recall and make changes to the first production batch within like the first 2 weeks of shipping them out. 

Then you have amphibian who says he could never get his to run properly at all and says he has two buddies with the same result. But granted they are trying to run them suppressed and cyclic. But they are supposed to be able to do that and no fail within a few hundred rounds. 

So that stuff what I'm calling teething issues. 

Amphibian's issue seems a little funky... aka running in a very specific window. I think that's something that's a little out there, but seems doable. Under standard use, the guys I've talked to using it have had 0 issues. I'm not even shilling, I just haven't heard issues. The first 2 weeks having issues, that was what? A year+ ago now? I can't really hold that against them but I am a new adopter.

22 hours ago, Texaspaul said:

Can you give some detail to how you modified the Maxim - please

Short stroked by an ~inch. Weaker inner spring for my 130pf loads. Default spring was so strong that my 130pf was not cycling reliably.  

photo_2024-09-03_18-13-45.jpg

On 9/3/2024 at 10:23 AM, Ner said:

Short stroked by an ~inch. Weaker inner spring for my 130pf loads. Default spring was so strong that my 130pf was not cycling reliably.  

photo_2024-09-03_18-13-45.jpg

Where did you get lighter spring? I am shooting below 130PF in steel challenge, and it may help recoil.  Want to give a try.

Thanks for response!