Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Treme 147 gr 9mm hp

gunner40sw

I use them and so far tests are showing they're likely going to be my go to bullet with TG. I have N320 as well, but I'm not using any right now as I can't find more to purchase. So, speaking only with TG, it's about as soft as XT 135 FP but it has a little snap to it. That tiny snap brings my dot back just a little quicker than the 135 (close enough in power factor) making it a good trade-off. This is all out of a Rival-S and Glock 34 Gen 5.

XT 135, TG 3.4gr, 1.100" OAL = 127 pf

XT 147, TG 3.2gr, 1.130" OAL = 129 pf

BBI 135, N320 3.3gr, 1.125" OAL = 128 pf

I have been running 3.2 in everything under the sun for years.  After learning the hard way about temperature sensitivity in N320 (Under 40 degrees) I have a batch cooking of 3.3 TG loaded at 1.135.  I have been using 3.2 like everyone else in the past but just going to see if there is any difference since it has gotten cold and I am running 5" M&P's with optics and standard recoil springs.  

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2023 at 7:54 AM, jailer252 said:

I have been running 3.2 in everything under the sun for years.  After learning the hard way about temperature sensitivity in N320 (Under 40 degrees) I have a batch cooking of 3.3 TG loaded at 1.135.  I have been using 3.2 like everyone else in the past but just going to see if there is any difference since it has gotten cold and I am running 5" M&P's with optics and standard recoil springs.  

I have not had any problems with temperature sensitivity with N320.  But then most of my shooting is in the south where it barely gets below 70° and during the real cold snaps ( 50°).  But I have been to several matches up north in the winter and while I can't recall the results, I still made power factor.  I usually chrono at 127 PF.

• 2 weeks later...