Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milling Option for Shadow 2 Kadet?

PCC_GUY

I shoot a lot of SCSA and USPSA and was looking at a Shadow 2 Kadet to shoot in RFPO and to use as a .22 trainer for my USPSA CO gun. I know CGW won't, but are there any companies out there that will mill a Kadet slide? I am not completely opposed to just using a dovetail mount if I absolutely have to but they sit higher than the optics ready CZ plates so not ideal.

I have a Shadow 2 Kadet. I haven't heard of anyone milling them. The dovetail mount I had for my Shadow 2 did not work on the Kadet. The dovetail was correct, but the height of the slide in front of the dovetail was different enough that it would not work. 

5 hours ago, wkev said:

I have a Shadow 2 Kadet. I haven't heard of anyone milling them. The dovetail mount I had for my Shadow 2 did not work on the Kadet. The dovetail was correct, but the height of the slide in front of the dovetail was different enough that it would not work. 

Well crap, there goes that idea. Thanks for the heads up

15 hours ago, PCC_GUY said:

I shoot a lot of SCSA and USPSA and was looking at a Shadow 2 Kadet to shoot in RFPO and to use as a .22 trainer for my USPSA CO gun. I know CGW won't, but are there any companies out there that will mill a Kadet slide? I am not completely opposed to just using a dovetail mount if I absolutely have to but they sit higher than the optics ready CZ plates so not ideal.

The S2 Kadet is not worth dealing with because the slide reciprocates. 

The original 75 series Kadet has a fixed portion of the slide for the sight and you can at least use a dovetail mount for red dots. Depending on dot you may end up being zeroed a bit high, but it worked well enough for me to shoot fast. 

5 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

The S2 Kadet is not worth dealing with because the slide reciprocates. 

The original 75 series Kadet has a fixed portion of the slide for the sight and you can at least use a dovetail mount for red dots. Depending on dot you may end up being zeroed a bit high, but it worked well enough for me to shoot fast. 

well maybe just use the iron sights for RFPI instead. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, TheBlackSeven said:

How does that work? Scope mount on frame??

The same way it does on any open gun. Drill and tap the frame/dust cover by the trigger guard to bolt on an optic mount.

image.thumb.png.0c1c37742b6ff76114b239b86a87d6aa.png