Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounted shooter

BlueShooter

I am a cowboy mounted shooter and cannot get my ammo loaded into my Winchester 1892.  I used it about a month ago with no issues. I was at a competitive event and couldn’t get my ammo loaded. Fortunately, I was able to borrow another. Any suggestions? There is nothing in the barrel and everything seems to be in working order, I just can’t get bullets loaded

need more details,, will it not go in the magazine ? or once in the magazine it wont feed ? or once fed it wont chamber all the way ?
Id probably start with a thorough cleaning,, You coulda got a bad blank that dumped powder or a wad somewhere.,,
Might need to do a detail strip,, and a 92 isnt exactly the simplest to take down.. I have only messed with a winchester once, 

Where do you shoot ? I did a few matches in VA ,  I shot 58 remingtons..   I moved to Kansas and figured it would be around in this area but havent run across any.. I sold / traded my guns,,, not sure I have the horse for it,, but eh, who knows shes a pretty laid back old girl.

• 1 month later...