Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster - MPA DS9 IDPA / Springfield Prodigy 5"

shotgunone

Looking for an IDPA holster for a Masterpiece Arms DS9 IDPA pistol.  Does anyone know if the holsters for the 5" Springfield Prodigy will fit the MSP Arms?  

Several holster makers list the Springfield but not the MPA.  The two guns look very similar so I was wondering if anyone knew if they were interchangeable.

I know there are couple of holster that are made for MPA just looking for options.

Thanks

Edited by shotgunone

• shotgunone changed the title to Holster - MPA DS9 IDPA / Springfield Prodigy 5"
On 11/11/2023 at 12:35 PM, shotgunone said:

Looking for an IDPA holster for a Masterpiece Arms DS9 IDPA pistol.  Does anyone know if the holsters for the 5" Springfield Prodigy will fit the MSP Arms?  

Several holster makers list the Springfield but not the MPA.  The two guns look very similar so I was wondering if anyone knew if they were interchangeable.

I know there are couple of holster that are made for MPA just looking for options.

Thanks

RHT (red hill tactical) sells a holster for the DS9. I ordered the same pistol 7 weeks ago and am ordering my holster from RHT. I confirmed with them that the holster fits. Here is their reply to my inquiry: Yep, you'd want to select the DSA Nine option. It fits the Hybrid as well. If you have any other questions during ordering, please let me know!

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate all the help and suggestions.  I went with the Black Scorpion Gear 2011 holster.  I had a couple of their holsters for other guns.  So far I'm pleased with my choice and the MPA fits well.  Hope the sight channel is tall enough when I add a red dot and the co-witness iron sight on the front.

I am wondering if someone knows of a good retention holster for MPA DS9 LOC for Run and Gun 2 gun events?  I like to dabble in USPSA'sh Outlaw events and the occasional run and gun but I need a holster that will retain the pistol because I actually try to run.