Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will Shadow 2 Extended Safety Fit in the Production Box?

PCC_GUY

I occasionally shoot Production (PROD) in USPSA with an otherwise unmodified CZ Shadow 2.  I am considering installing the extended safety that came with it so I can also use the gun in Limited for SCSA with the hammer back (the flat safety is rather difficult to manipulate quickly). Obviously, this hasn't been an issue for PROD as the hammer must be down, but in the interest of not having to install/uninstall the extended safety wanted to know whether the extended safety that CZ provides with the gun will fit in the PROD box. I did a historic search, and it looks like the question as to whether or not the extended safety was legal was already answered, but there seemed to be no answer as to whether it would fit in the box with the extended safety installed.  Has anyone tried this and confirm whether it will fit? 

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Super easy. There's a couple good YouTube videos on the process if you like following visual rather than written instruction. 

Good deal will give that a try. Hoping to pick up an extra extended safety for my CO gun (this way I can shoot it in OPN in SCSA), but for some reason it didn't come with one like my other Shadow 2 did. I have checked all of the major vendors and the safeties have been on backorder forever it seems like.