Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SF Defiant Stock 1 front sight replacement

oldbear

I want to keep the rear stock sight and get a FO for the front.  I see Dawson has a calculator on their site but I don't trust my caliper skills...

I've read conflicting info on what size is optimal for most target shooters.  Henning only offers a .180, while Dawson has a range of sizes (labelled for EAA Witness) and in my searches I've seen from .140 to .180, but I can't be sure that their guns have the same specs. Anyone else replace just the front sight and have advice?

Should you decide to go with an adjustable rear sight, Patriot Defense and others who mill Tanfo slides for conversion to optics may have used sights lying around. That is the way I went with my stock 1. Very easy swap if memory serves. 

I have not changed the factory front sight on my Stock 1 yet. I use 124-127 grain bullets and for the most part it seems to have a good POA-POI match. 

Since I am happy with the factory sight height, if ever I get a replacement fiber optic front sight, I will get one the same height as the factory sights.