Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Forum Invisible? Or closed?

Hello!

Brand new forum member, and I signed up on this forum to see if anyone couldn't help me find some equipment that I was looking for in order to finish building a Bug-out bag and loadout for my new Ruger PCC, etc.

However, when I signed up and went to the Pistol Caliber Carbine forum it says that "The Page Cannot Be Found". 

Is this forum locked? Is it only for members who've been around longer (than a few minutes, lol)? Or has the forum been discontinued entirely?

11 hours ago, shred said:

try again.  new member permissions are still being tweaked.

Yeah, I sort of figured that would be the case.

8 hours ago, Cuz said:

Lol, new members aren’t allowed in PCC. You have to cut your teeth in one of the other Divisions until you earn your way in…

I suspected that might be the issue, but gateing users from utilizing important forums until they "cut their teeth" sort of defeats the purpose of forums like these, no? Though I think you're being facetious on that and just teasing instead of that being an actual thing. lol 

Thanks for responding though, both of you!

2 hours ago, PsylentFox said:

Yeah, I sort of figured that would be the case.

I suspected that might be the issue, but gateing users from utilizing important forums until they "cut their teeth" sort of defeats the purpose of forums like these, no? Though I think you're being facetious on that and just teasing instead of that being an actual thing. lol 

Thanks for responding though, both of you!

Yes, it was said in jest. 
welcome to the forum, lots of good info here. 

yeah, it was a mistake, although Cuz' reason is pretty funny.

The "New Member" thing is a recent addition to the forum to tamp down the mass spam attacks.  New signups are limited in how much or how fast they can post and some other things mostly done by spammers.

After someone has been around a while they get moved to regular member.  New Members were always supposed to be able to see the PCC forum, but somebody (that would be me) didn't check the right box in the mile long list of them.

• 2 weeks later...