Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling all compensator / 9 major wizards

Joel_x

I think I've tried them all.  N350, 3N37, 3N38,  Autocomp,  CFE Pistol, 572, AA7, SWMP, HS6,  HS7 (I really miss that powder!), Silhouette, SP2 and probably a couple I've forgotten. 

ALL of them will make Major in a 9mm.

3N38 is great, but a pain to load in 9 major.  Case is REALLY full.

SWMP/AA7 work well.  Silhouette works fine. But the powder I keep coming back to is HS6.

Affordable, available,  easy to load.    8.1 makes Major in my 5" gun with a 124 at 1.170". 8.9 with a 115, same OAL.  Same charge makes minor with a 95 gr in my wife's gun.  

Edited by open17

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve been using 9.7gr with 124 Everglades RN 172 PF, 8lb recoil spring. comp works great but you definitely feel it in the hand. A friend gave me a few rounds loaded with 7.8gr of silhouettes, dot tracking was about the same but it felt a little softer. 
So I got some silhouette to try soon since I’m entertaining the idea of being able to use 7.8gr.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cowboy_Ninja said:

This is very true just switched from AA7 to 3n38. Not only is 3n38 more consistent on my 750 it is cleaner in the gun significantly.

i recently picked up some 3n38 and im having some trouble with the metering in my 750.

targetting 8.5 grns, ill get anywhere from 8.1grn to 8.8grn

im using headstamp sorted, roll sized brass

i cant seem to figure out what the issue is 😕