Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F Slide Release Never Works Definitely My Grip Looking For an Upgrade

Laxman2809

I absolutely adore my P10F; however, during my IDPA sessions, I've encountered a minor issue with the slide lock reload. It seems that the size of my hands and my grip might be the culprits, as the slide lock functions perfectly when I manually insert a magazine and rack the slide on an empty mag.

I'm optimistic that fellow forum members might have experienced a similar problem and could offer some valuable insights on potential upgrades to address this concern. It caught my attention that Apex offers an enhanced Slide Lock for the pistol, and I'm curious if anyone has tried this upgrade and successfully resolved the issue through its installation. Your input and experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

In some instances this is caused by pressure being exerted on the gun by the weak hand thumb. If this is your problem flag that thumb up in training, you don’t need it pressing down on your support hand to control the gun. If anything its not helping your ability to control the trigger either. 

If you’re interested, I swapped the Apex extended slide release on my Comp ready F (comes stack with it from factory) with one on my other F’s as I didn’t like it. I’d be happy to do a straight trade if you’re so inclined. 

I have the P10F comp ready gun with extended slide stop.  I'm left handed, but you can just do the opposite.  In practice, draw a smiley face with a sharpie on your left thumb about 1" down from your knuckle.  cover your support thumb over the smiley face.  It keeps me from having that problem.

• 3 weeks later...