Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Loads For 7625

Robbie Wheaton Jr

Does anyone have any load data for 7625 for 9mm? My barrel is an STI S2 with no holes in the barrel (yet). Is it possible to load this powder to a 168-170 pf in 9mm? Any info is greatly appreciated.

It is possible but I would try HS6 instead. Much easier to make major.

6.8 grains should make major with a 124 at 1.170 inches in your gun...but the case is getting pretty full..

in a gun thats alot like yours, 6.8 made 167, 6.9 made 170, 7.0 got 174 and 7.2 made the old power factor at 176

with the lot of powder used, 7.2 was a case full and the bullet compressed it.

its going to take some extensive testing with HS6 and 7625 to see which one i like the most and if the slower to load bulkier 7625 load is worth the pain to load.

i would start with 6.5 grains and work up

another powder to look at is Power Pistol...its cheap as any other american powder and should make major easy.

you should have no problems making major with your gun. i have a dawson ministoker, 4 3/4" barrel with dawson comp and 2 port holes. my favorite load so far is 7.2 grains of IMR 7625 (173 power factor) but i have tested all the way up to 7.4 grains and down to 6.8 grains 176 and 165 power factors respectivly. OAL on all 1.167, with 125 grain zero (.355) it can be a pain to load but there are other rewards, no hot gas to the face, very little dot movement, veeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy clean. like harmon said i would start around 6.4 and go up but also go down every gun is different.