Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AMG Timers - Extended Shipping Times?

Hoops

A friend of mine told me today that he is on his 8 month since ordering.....and paying for.....an AMG Commander timer.  He has sent emails thru their website but no reply.

Has anyone else experienced this type of delay?  8 months and still waiting without being able to make contact seems very unusual.

Hoops

Not unusual for the AMG timers. Although this is the longest that the queue has gotten. Seems like the owners motto is suck it up and wait since he’s the only one that has a good practiscore syncing timer. The real problem here is that practiscore isn’t adding any new timers to the Bluetooth list till their new v2 update which seems like it won’t be out for a while. 

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

The real problem here is that practiscore isn’t adding any new timers to the Bluetooth list till their new v2 update which seems like it won’t be out for a while. 

How is that a real problem? You sound as if there is a pile of timers that aren't being integrated into PractiScore... 😁

Practiscore aside, there is no excuse for the AMG owners not responding to emails, not having a phone number or not posting realistic leadtime on their website.  They charge credit cards, collect the money then go radio silent for months.  Not acceptable business practice to me.

looks like a business opportunity for someone else to make similar timer?

I just found a similar post in Enos.  Apparently what’s going on now has been going on for quite a while.  Great product…horrible customer service.  This will eventually be their downfall….IMO.  Too bad.

FWIW these days it's nearly impossible for a small business to not-charge a credit card at time of purchase because storing the number and charging at shipping puts them on the hook for a ton of liability and PCI hassles from the card processor.

Better if you know there are long lead-times is have an out-of-stock notification and only sell what you have on-hand, assuming you've got enough capital to do that, or provide a meaningful estimate.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, euxx said:

How is that a real problem? You sound as if there is a pile of timers that aren't being integrated into PractiScore... 😁

3 is a pile? I should say 2 and a half because one of the the timers that works doesn’t have any screen. It’s either AMG or the CE pro timer BT.  Don’t like the pro timer? Wait a year for the AMG. Don’t like the AMG? Buy a dated brick for a timer.

Edited by JM_

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

3 is a pile? I should say 2 and a half because one of the the timers that works doesn’t have any screen. It’s either AMG or the CE pro timer BT.  Don’t like the pro timer? Wait a year for the AMG. Don’t like the AMG? Buy a dated brick for a timer.

Which one is #3?
For matches - only two aren't supported as far as I know. And one of them still working on their own chores.
For practice - that one is the only timer that isn't supported yet.

• 3 months later...