Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Indoor Icore (style) Match In Ne Pa

EricBudd

I'm looking to bring ICORE to my local club, but want to gauge interest before I go through the process of affiliating with ICORE.

I am looking to run a few monthly indoor matches to see if I can get enough shooters to justify setting up some outdoor matches over the summer. My plan is to run a 5 stage indoor match once a month till spring. If there is interest, we may run two or three outdoor matches in the spring/summer/fall.

Cost will be $10 per shooter. No prizes, no payout. That should cover heat/targets/pasters. I think we will run two stages side by side, break and set-up two more stages, break and set-up a large field course inside.

Please email me if you might be interested so I can let you know when we set a date (if there is enough interest). Currently I am thinking of the last weekend in January.

Thanks,

Eric Budd

eric.h.budd@gmail.com

The club is Guthsville Rod and Gun club near Allentown, PA.

There is a problem with the web site (the Domain expired) but once that is taken care of the club's site is www.guthsville.com

If it's outside Allentown then it should be near Topton Fish and Game, right? I should Topton as often as I can, they have really nice USPSA matches and are about 2 hrs from where I'm at.

Guthsville is also part of the PA Steel League, right? I've been trying to get around to shooting more of that in the coming year.

Yes, we are near Topton.

We do host 2 matches as part of the PA steel league each year. We don't have the dates yet for this year.

BTW, the January match at Topton is going to be 6 shot neutral and revolver friendly. It is the annual 'revolver' match.

I don't intend to be mean and it may sound that way but......

Why do the clubs that have an "Annual Revolver Match" have them in January when turnout can be effected by the weather, and when most folks have "quit" for the winter?

I know of several clubs doing this, and more power to them for offering the match THANKS GUYS/GALS :D

Do some of us a favor, wait until Mid March or even early April......one match away from the auto loaders won't hurt, even in the middle of the season.....I can attest to that....both ways.

HOP

Eric, sure wish we had some folks interested in ICORE down here, good luck. ;)

Hop,

Not only is the match in January, but it always coincides with another big match near home that I can't miss. Every year they put on a nice revolver match and I can't make it :angry: .

Eric,

Good luck with the new ICORE program, I'll do my best to try and keep attendance up.

We are too far to your south to provide physical support or shooters, but if you are interested in stage designs or have any questions about the way we run indoor ICORE, info can be found in the ICORE section of the forum on our sight:

www.shootersparadise.com

Best of luck and I hope it works out.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

Edited by Carlos

I don't want to hijack your thread Eric but there is an ICORE match scheduled for Saturday 7 Jan at S&W in Springfield, MA. We'll make an anouncement for yours at our match if you give us more info. We have another ICORE match planned for 4 Feb 05. You can e-mail me directly.

Best Regards & Happy New Year,

Craig

Eric,

Glad you're taking the lead on getting matches set up. We did the same in Northern Va. where we have a monthly indoor match. We post our stages (limited space) on our forum at www.shootersparadise.com. You are welcome to use them. If you have any questions about starting an ICORE chapter, please feel free to contact me.

Mark Burns

ICORE Representative

Shooters Paradise, Woodbridge, VA

I will (I hope) have dates for the indoor matches by next Tuesday. I will post them then.

We are looking at running two outdoor matches ths year. We just need dates that don't conflict too bad with the other matches in the area which wold draw the same shooters. Basically, I don't want to conflict with the other 2 ICORE matches, the 'tatical' pistol matches at Ontanalee (very revolver friendly), the PA Steel League, or the local USPSA club.

We are running our first indoor ICORE match on January 29, 2006. :D

Registration will open at 9:30 and we will go 'hammer-down' at 10:30. The cost will be $10. Standard ICORE rules will apply.

Based on the response to this match and a similar one I will hold at the end of February, the club will gauge local interest in ICORE and look into affiliating with the national organization. In any event, we still expect to run two outdoor 'ICORE style' matches this spring/summer.

Directions to the club can be found at the clubs website.

Thanks for the date Eric.

I'll try to make it and bring some friends. Did you say there were going to be (5) stages?

Our next match will be 4 Feb indoors in Springfield, then May/Jun and Jul/Aug outdoors. Our Jan response was very good (>50) - we hope yours is too.

We're definately going to affiliate - likely by our next match.

Good Luck and Thanks for the hard work,

Craig

Hopalong - NE shooters don't "quit" in the winter.

Craig,

My plan is to run 5 stages. The first 4 will be two-at-a-time side-by-side and then a larger 'field course' using the entire indoor area. If the weather in nice, I might set the field course up outdoors with will give us more options. I'm expect about 100 rounds total. Maybe a few more or a few less.

If shooters have other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. I don't have much experience running matches, but the only way to get more matches is to make them happen.

Eric

Craig,

My plan is to run 5 stages. The first 4 will be two-at-a-time side-by-side and then a larger 'field course' using the entire indoor area. If the weather in nice, I might set the field course up outdoors with will give us more options. I'm expect about 100 rounds total. Maybe a few more or a few less.

If shooters have other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. I don't have much experience running matches, but the only way to get more matches is to make them happen.

Eric

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the area on that day... However, I'll definitely try to make the one in Feb.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to thank everyone who was able to attend my first match :D. I think everyone had a good time.

The next match will be Sunday, February 26, 2006. Sign in is a 9 and we will start at 10 am. The match will be indoors unless the weather is very nice. I'm thinking of shooting the Austranian Postal Match and haveing another (affiliated) club send in our scores.

Thanks,

Eric Budd

I'd like to thank everyone who was able to attend my first match :D. I think everyone had a good time.

The next match will be Sunday, February 26, 2006. Sign in is a 9 and we will start at 10 am. The match will be indoors unless the weather is very nice. I'm thinking of shooting the Austranian Postal Match and haveing another (affiliated) club send in our scores.

Thanks,

Eric Budd

Eric,

I'll check my schedule and see if I can make it. Unfortunately I was working the day of your first match :angry: .