Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75B for IPSC Production?

DenC

Hello everyone!

Does anyone here still use a Cz75B for IPSC/USPSA Production?

Nowadays, it seems like when going steel frame people go for the SP01, Shadow 2 or the Match Tanfoglio models (Stock 1,2,3), guns with full dust covers and rails and understandably so.

For those who still use a Cz75B, how is it? I understand choice can be a very subjective thing but would like to get more input as to why you choose a Cz75B over a heavier, front-heavy model. Perhaps faster to transition from target to target? Something like a middle ground between lightweight polymer pistols and heavy full dust cover guns? Less tiring to practice and shoot with vs the heavier models?

And under IPSC, is it okay to Cajunize the gun? Or do I have to stick with CZ factory internal parts? (Im guessing the latter)

Thanks for taking the time.

IPSC Production has relaxed quite a lot of rules on what you can change. Aftermarket trigger assemblies (which should include the trigger face itself, trigger bar, disconnector and sear) are allowed, as are aftermarket hammers. Aftermarket springs are also allowed as long as they are in the "same configuration as the original". There's some debate about what that means. But most internal parts can be switched out.

I'm not sure what Cajunizing the gun entails, but I imagine most things would be fine.

Where I live, most guys who are serious about competing (and choose CZ) go with the Shadow 2.

I've heard a few that went with the original Shadow because it fits their hand better.

Those that choose the Cz75B do so because of the price difference.