Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TK Custom 9mm conversion on my 10-5

MuayThaiJJ

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

different strokes for different folks, I have no idea what my revolvers do at 50 yards other than my 44 magnum, I dont play games with them that require 50 yard  2 inch groups.
Not to mention the most accurate load doesnt automatically mean best.  Ease of reloading, cost, cleanliness, can come into play. 
Seems like it would be a royal PIA to mount a scope for no reason other than load development. Plain old irons on bench should be fine for a 25 yard zero.

Like you said different strokes for different folks and when developing load all the factors you mentioned come into play. I was told a long time ago if you were to build a high performance race car you would not run regular gas and all season tires on it. You would use the best to get the best performance. That also goes for all my guns as I feed them what works best regardless of cost but the cleanliness does come into play. The reloading is the same process whether you use good stuff or bad stuff.

Not a PIA to mount scope as it only takes 2 screws for base, 2 screws for rings and I also use this scope on my hunting revolver. 
it only takes time to do this and to me it is well worth the time. Ok enough for now as I have a match I am leaving for and the only thing I have to worry about is the nut behind the trigger. 😁 Have a great and blessed Sunday ✌🏻🇺🇸🦅