Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Flat Trigger System

Redhemi

I recently bought an Elite Limited 9mm and it came with a few extra parts. One of these parts is a Henning flat trigger system. Before I take the time to tear down the gun and install this trigger I would like some opinons on it and any tricks on installation and tuning of it.  Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Redhemi said:

I recently bought an Elite Limited 9mm and it came with a few extra parts. One of these parts is a Henning flat trigger system. Before I take the time to tear down the gun and install this trigger I would like some opinons on it and any tricks on installation and tuning of it.  Thanks in advance.

I put one in my elite limited years ago. I like it but it's been so long ago I don't remember there being any problems or tricks. Takes a lot of side to side play out. Sorry can't help more.

Just drops right in. The only thing you can do is limit the amount of pre and over travel on the trigger if you want. I don’t mess with these things as it’s a place of failure.

I installed mine easy-peasy despite being a relative Tanfo newbie. I'll say that the only annoying part is pre-travel has to be set with the trigger out of the gun, so you'll probably take it in and out a few times before you get it dialed in where you want it. Use threadlocker on the screw once you're happy with it.

8 hours ago, matteekay said:

I installed mine easy-peasy despite being a relative Tanfo newbie. I'll say that the only annoying part is pre-travel has to be set with the trigger out of the gun, so you'll probably take it in and out a few times before you get it dialed in where you want it. Use threadlocker on the screw once you're happy with it.

I was hoping it was going to be like my CZs for adjustment. I'll have to put it in when I have plenty of time and patience otherwise parts might go flying across the room 🤬

It's a nice trigger. The install wasn't bad.  Only thing I really didn't like was that it breaks at a negative angle.  I think it has something to do with the sear/reset tab.  My little pea brain couldn't work out the math to tune it to my to a 90 degree break.