Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Titan comp?

Nitro1

Probably call and ask them if they could fit one for you? Adding an aftermarket would void your warranty. 

I know they offer barrel porting on some of them.

What are you trying to do?

Edited by lroy

They said they can add one with a barrel. The barrel will be the issue as they say it has become very rare to get in stock. 

I was curious if anyone had done it before. Curious on look and performance. 

my goal is to has a barrel with a comp for open and steel challenge. Than the Titan stock for LO.  I do not know if the comp is actually needed or gonna help at all. But I’m waiting for the Titan to get made and to me. So I am researching in the downtime. 

thanks.

I'm not sure about performance but lots of custom 1911 shops build 5" open guns so I suspect the performance will be fine.  You will probably have to do some tuning to work with your ammo and make it perform for you.  They will need to do some blending between the comp and the slide.  Depending on the comp you select, it probably isn't going to look much different that the current Chaos 2 but with the slide going to a full 5" and the comp extending from that.

As for the barrels, I see them in stock at Cheely and it seems KKM is taking orders again for 1911 barrels.  It is just a regular 5" Government 9mm Threaded Barrel that has 5.4" OAL.

I would imagine the Artemis with a second barrel fit with either a single port comp like the Erebus or a multi port comp like the Chaos depending on what you like.  I would really think about what you want to shoot as the Chaos generally does not function well with minor PF ammo for Steel Challenge.  I get a lot of unburnt powder thrown back at me when I shoot minor and it hasn't been 100% reliable so I just shoot my major PF ammo for Steel Challenge.

I suspect there is going to be a lot of custom work necessary to do this and I feel at this point, Atlas just wants to churn out guns and not do any one off custom work.  If you want a custom, you are better off going to a place like Venom where Don will work with you on the design.

Thanks for your input. For all I know the Titan in 9mm will be so well done I won’t even feel the need for a comp.  I’m guessing I will end up buying a Erebus in the future anyway. Give me the option to play around in just about every division with those 2. 

6 hours ago, vtecpaoche said:

I'm not sure about performance but lots of custom 1911 shops build 5" open guns so I suspect the performance will be fine.  You will probably have to do some tuning to work with your ammo and make it perform for you.  They will need to do some blending between the comp and the slide.  Depending on the comp you select, it probably isn't going to look much different that the current Chaos 2 but with the slide going to a full 5" and the comp extending from that.

As for the barrels, I see them in stock at Cheely and it seems KKM is taking orders again for 1911 barrels.  It is just a regular 5" Government 9mm Threaded Barrel that has 5.4" OAL.

I would imagine the Artemis with a second barrel fit with either a single port comp like the Erebus or a multi port comp like the Chaos depending on what you like.  I would really think about what you want to shoot as the Chaos generally does not function well with minor PF ammo for Steel Challenge.  I get a lot of unburnt powder thrown back at me when I shoot minor and it hasn't been 100% reliable so I just shoot my major PF ammo for Steel Challenge.

I suspect there is going to be a lot of custom work necessary to do this and I feel at this point, Atlas just wants to churn out guns and not do any one off custom work.  If you want a custom, you are better off going to a place like Venom where Don will work with you on the design.

Let me ask you. Maybe you know. Does a comp fit the Artemis. Aka is a Erebus a Artemis with a comp instead of a site block? 

2 hours ago, Nitro1 said:

Let me ask you. Maybe you know. Does a comp fit the Artemis. Aka is a Erebus a Artemis with a comp instead of a site block? 

Best bet is to ask Atlas.  The Erebus should be a 4.6 threaded OAL barrel.  I never played with an Artemis.  The website specs for the Artemis says it's a 4.6 in barrel like the Erebus but does not specify if that is an OAL but it does seem reasonable.

1 hour ago, vtecpaoche said:

Best bet is to ask Atlas.  The Erebus should be a 4.6 threaded OAL barrel.  I never played with an Artemis.  The website specs for the Artemis says it's a 4.6 in barrel like the Erebus but does not specify if that is an OAL but it does seem reasonable.

Thanks. Wonder if maybe an Artemis is the way to go over the Titan I have on order.