Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Mr. Bullet Feeder, DAA powder Funnel

Goat259

Good Afternoon,

I recently installed a Mr. Bullet Feeder and the powder funnel they send with it. However, when pulling the bullets to check if everything is working properly, I noticed that part of the coating is rubbing off. 

it’s only rubbing off in one spot. In the picture below are examples. Sometimes it is bigger, sometime smaller. I called DAA, I was told, try just a little more flare. 

Would that be the next step? 

Goat

8DF49AF9-7B7B-47BA-9690-74D22432D954.jpeg

Edited by Goat259

I would start there and also make sure your bullets are starting straight. With enough flair and those bevel bases the bullet should sit right in the case. Out or round cases also need more flair to keep from scraping. 

Assuming DAA is still supplying the Mr. Bulletfeeder funnel, you don't need flare on the case mouth.  If you insist, put a microscopic flare in.  .400" and .401" bullets should drop right in an stay vertical as the shell plate turns.

Try this.  Let a bullet drop into the case.  Pull it back out manually and check to see if there is any coating scrapes.  I doubt you'll find any.  I suspect the scraping occurred when you pulled the bullet, not when you seated it.

• 3 months later...

It could also be a crimp issue. Did you pull bullets immediately after seating die, or did you pull them from finished rounds? If it's crimp, it's an easy fix - back it off until you get the desired result. If it's NOT crimp, it's more likely neck expander than the flare. If you have any flare, the bullet coating shouldn't peel as long as you have neck expanded to accept the bullet.