Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely wide body frame sight mount

Topgeer

My gun is built on a Cheely wide body frame. It has been milled for the optic mount to sit in on the frame from the factory.  I know that Cheely mounts fit perfect but Matt doesn't even know when he'll have any in stock and I need a rmr footprint mount for a SRO.  Does anyone happen to know what brand mounts fit the wide body frames?  I have an atlas 510c mount on there now and I had to remove a lot of material to fit it.  Hope not to do that again. 

Cheely mounts are for .830" frame widths.  So are some other SRO mounts.  If you can't find one, there is no law that says the center of the mount has to be over the center of the pistol.  I have several that are offset and it makes no difference at USPSA ranges.

I'm not really worried about how it sits over the top of the gun the offset wouldn't bother me. I just want to make sure that it fits in the milled part of the frame. I guess my pictures are too big to post

5 hours ago, Topgeer said:

I'm not really worried about how it sits over the top of the gun the offset wouldn't bother me. I just want to make sure that it fits in the milled part of the frame. I guess my pictures are too big to post

I may have a cheely mount for an SRO. 

Did you have to modify the mount to fit in the pocket cut on the frame?

8 hours ago, RVRSE said:

I have a wide frame open gun and just zero'd my 510c on it with a tevo mount, it sits slightly off center and doesn't make a difference at the ranges i shot it at.