Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rival-S Chambering Issue

telligentgunner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent both barrels (Rival and Rival-S) out to PD to have them reamed, so we'll see how it goes once they return and I get back to testing.

As an FYI, patriotdefense.com is having a sale right now (Black Friday) for 30% off their reaming service using code:

PD30  ($17.99 savings, so definitely worth it)

https://patriotdefense.com/patriot-defense-9mm-barrel-reaming-hard-coating-melonite-dlc/

Edited by Signal7
Spelling and grammar.

• 4 weeks later...

So both barrels have been back for a while now and I've shot the Rival a little and Rival-S quite a bit.

The Rival-S needed a new extractor spring (CZ spring with one coil but down) to eject reliably and it's still hit or miss on syntech ammo.  Mostly runs the syntech 150 ammo, but will occasionally jam up and fail to go in to battery.  All 147 copper jacketed round nose run fine, rarely does it choke on anything now.

The Rival is good to go now, I did add a tungsten guide rod and glock return spring, it's not quite as picky on ammo, but I've only shot it a few times.  

Has anyone polish their feed ramps and/or had the barrel mouth "customized" to allow truncated cone / flat point ammo?  (My apologies in advance if some of my nomenclature is incorrect).

Edited by Signal7