Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rune tactical or MBX 24+1 kit?

ringram

Not shadow 2 but for my p10f I have some henning basepads with mbx followers and if I load to 23 I get a FTF consistently on the first shot.  Have to stop at 22 in those.  So the mbx followers may be great for S2 but they are definitely bad for p10s.

34 minutes ago, EvilNuff said:

Not shadow 2 but for my p10f I have some henning basepads with mbx followers and if I load to 23 I get a FTF consistently on the first shot.  Have to stop at 22 in those.  So the mbx followers may be great for S2 but they are definitely bad for p10s.

I was looking at followers today for p10 mags. I found it odd that MBX followers are the same for the 75 and p10 mags.

Grams has a different one for the 75 than what they offer for the p10...

It looks like Rune Tactical has separate offerings as well

Edited by BMSMB

1 hour ago, EvilNuff said:

Weird, I have 4 of them used in a DWX (sold) that I'm now using in a P10F setup for my wife. Admittedly I only have about 1000 rounds through them in the DWX and maybe 200 through the P10F but also zero issues 24+1. Is the rest of the gun stock? 

Edited by ColoradoNick

2 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

Weird, I have 4 of them used in a DWX (sold) that I'm now using in a P10F setup for my wife. Admittedly I only have about 1000 rounds through them in the DWX and maybe 200 through the P10F but also zero issues 24+1. Is the rest of the gun stock? 

Other than a brass backstrap yes gun was stock.  I later upgraded to a tungsten guide rod and still have the problem before and after.  Stock otherwise.  3 of the mags and it happens with all 3 regularly when I load them to 23 rounds.

MBX spring/followers, Henning base pads with CZ nickel plated mags.  Ran set of 4 April thru October over 20 local matches, 2 sectionals and 1 area plus practice weekly.  Ran flawless 24+ plus 1 thru Shadow 2.  25 F - 90F temps.  Rune had feeding issues.  Initially bought one of each rune and mbx to test.  No break in period for MBX got 24+ 1 first use.  Had issues with rune in another platform never able to get 24+ 1..  

I added the Henning DWX magazine extension and MBX spring and follower for 24+1.  I can realistically get 24 rounds in the gun.  The +1 (barney load) makes the mag with 24 hard to seat properly.