Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Freedomsmith Trigger do you use and why? Rival-S

Boss1622

I just picked up a Rival-S, my first Canik. I'm moving to CO from Limited (SVI with the Lone Star Innovations grip). It looks like the Freedomsmith trigger is a great way to go but they offer a lot of options and it hard to choose. I have XXL Hands and like a flat trigger. I dont think I want one thats wider than a normal 1911/2011. Any suggestions? 

I have a FS Zombie Pro in a TP9 SFX and my Rival S Dark Side.  I like the way the actual blade is small and the sides are beveled in towards the trigger safety.  It makes the trigger (to me) just a little more 2011ish.  The hook on the bottom is very beneficial.

Freedomsmith Zombie Pro Trigger.GIF

Edited by WxGuy

I have the zombie pro, vanguard, and sport.  By far, the sport is my favorite.  The zombie feels good, but when pushing speed....I'd tend to have trigger pull.  The hook on the bottom of the trigger is what aided the exaggeration of it imo.  The vanguard is nice....but the sport is just the best.  I can push speeds a lot without noticing as much trigger pull (if my finger isn't perfect).  My sport is also a hair wider than the vanguard which feels nice, and yet it still has the beveled edges. 

What would be cool (and help us out) is to run calipers on the flat front of the trigger faces for comparison.  I like the ZP but maybe a different trigger in the Rival S will be better.

Someone should help Freedomsmith with their website/marketing. Profile pictures or line drawings would be great. As would face dimensions. It would also be nice if they could maintain a list of current production models, it looks like they just post what they have in stock. 

4 hours ago, Boss1622 said:

Someone should help Freedomsmith with their website/marketing. Profile pictures or line drawings would be great. As would face dimensions. It would also be nice if they could maintain a list of current production models, it looks like they just post what they have in stock. 

Definitely not the greatest website I’ve seen.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 9:50 PM, WxGuy said:

I have a FS Zombie Pro in a TP9 SFX and my Rival S Dark Side.  I like the way the actual blade is small and the sides are beveled in towards the trigger safety.  It makes the trigger (to me) just a little more 2011ish.  The hook on the bottom is very beneficial.

Freedomsmith Zombie Pro Trigger.GIF

Tried to buy this today for the exact same gun. This picture shows the trigger farther back than my stock on. I ordered the same model and they cancelled my order and said I chose the wrong trigger. 

On 4/22/2023 at 9:31 PM, Juggernaut said:

Tried to order the Zombie Pro for my Rival-S.  They immediately cancelled it and said it would not work. Any recommendations for a trigger to minimize the pre-travel?

I put a sport in all my rivals including my S. You could go that route. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have small hands and I cannot properly reach the stock trigger on my Rival S. I have a friend who is using the Vanguard and I can reach his trigger.  So, I bought a Vanguard and installed it.  I took measurements before and after. The Vanguard trigger moves the trigger back about 6.5mm, which is about .25 inches.  It made all the difference in the world.  So, that is my recommendation for a shooter with a small hand/LOP and is looking for a solution.